Personal Stats

  • Quote of the Week: "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Back on the Horse

Ok - four months, two grad classes, and endless new house projects later... I'm back on the horse. I've really wanted my running routine back before the cold struck again, but wouldnt you know, the last Saturday of October and it snows. So, after the big move and getting to know my way around our commity (which has sidewalks everywhere), my husband and I finally decided to join a 24 hr gym. Its nothing fancy, but it has all of the nice equiptment our former LifeTime Fitness did that was way overpriced.

So on Sunday - my big yellow (out of shape) lab and I ran about 2 miles and briskly walked back. #1, out of shape from not regularly doing cardio and #2, trying to adapt to breathing in cold air. I've read that it roughly takes 2 - 3 weeks to train our lungs to handle colder air. Then I went to the gym to try out my first day of weight training.

Monday - we ran about 2.5 miles and briskly walked back just in time for the trick-or-treaters. I was a little sore from the weight training from the day before, but felt a lot better running today. No more halloween candy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment